Thursday, October 1, 2020, 1:00 – 2:00 pm ET
Presented by Brady Bryan, BBA, JD, CQIA, Founding Member and CEO, Brayn Consulting LLC, and Kevin Sullivan, P.E., Partner, Brayn Consulting LLC
Architecture 2030 issued the 2030 Challenge in 2006, the same year congress passed into law The Energy Efficient Commercial Building Deduction, also known as 179D. This federal tax benefit incentivizes architects and engineers to design and invest in sustainable buildings. The value of the incentive is $1.80 per square foot of an energy efficient building and available to architecture and engineering firms that design government buildings such as K-12 schools, state university buildings, airports, penitentiaries, courthouses, and more. This course will provide an overview of the program, cover eligibility and qualification requirements, review case studies, and reference recent court cases that provide encouraging guidance for architecture and engineering firms.
- Participants will learn how architecture and engineering firms are eligible for the 179D Energy Efficient Commercial Building Tax Deduction
- Participants will be able to identify 179D eligible projects, and understand the process for claiming the 179D incentive
- Participants will be able to explain the 179D government building allocation process
- Participants will be able to effectuate necessary changes in future tax incentive claims to better position company and owners in case of audit
- Participants will be able to celebrate a few positive outcomes for the architecture and engineering industry from recent court cases and IRS guidance
About your presenters:
Brady Bryan, BBA, JD, CQIA, Founding Member and CEO, Brayn Consulting
As BRAYN’s founder and CEO, Brady brings optimal value to mid- market clients through specialty tax incentives in a number of industries including architecture, engineering, construction, manufacturing, and software. A licensed attorney in California and Texas himself, Brady has assembled an all-star team of BRAYNiacs.
Kevin Sullivan, P.E., Partner, Brayn Consulting LLC
Kevin is a rare combination of engineer and tax consultant. He is an award-winning expert on sustainable design and construction and licensed as a Professional Engineer in multiple states. As a Partner at BRAYN, he works with businesses and their CPAs