The Work Breakdown Schedule (WBS), or task outline section, of the project management plan has been completed, and the team is convinced that it covers the scope of services in the contract. The various tasks have been or need to be planned—sequenced in the most efficient order for completion by the team members, and to reflect the priorities of the client and the firm. This course describes the most commonly used scheduling methods and how to select the most appropriate one for each of your projects. Topic covered include:
- Primary reasons for scheduling the project
- Ten characteristics of a good schedule
- Common scheduling techniques used by design firms
- When to use milestone charts
- How and when to use bar charts
- The Critical Path Method (CPM) of planning and scheduling
- Definition of CPM terms
- CPM equations
- The full-wall scheduling technique
- Which scheduling technique is best?
- Using the schedule to stay out of trouble
- Five pitfalls to avoid in preparing project schedules
DURATION: One Hour
CREDITS: This e-learning course is approved for 1 PDH.
COST: $95 (Only $47.50 for AECPMA members. Learn more about membership here)
GROUP TRAINING OPTIONS: Do you have a group of individuals who would benefit from this course? Contact us for details on special group pricing and other options to make team learning easy and affordable!
100% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE: PSMJ’s e-learning courses are built with proven strategies and tactics to make you more successful. If the skills and tools you acquire don’t make a positive difference in the way you manage projects, just let us know and we’ll refund your fee. Every penny. No questions asked.