PSMJ Resources is the worldwide leader in business information, training, and consulting for the architecture, engineering, and consulting industry. You are a detail-oriented and pro-active administrative professional and ready to join a team that is passionate about having a positive impact on the lives of architecture, engineering, and construction firm leaders.
In this full-time position at our Newton, Massachusetts headquarters, the Office and HR Administrator is a key member of our nimble and entrepreneurial marketing team who ensures that all of our business units (publishing, events, tradeshows, and management consulting) have the tools and support that they need to reach their full potential.
You will ensure smooth workplace operation and proper flow of all office practices by carrying out critical administrative duties and acting as the primary general first line of contact with internal staff on such matters. This position requires a professional, results-focused demeanor with flexibility and a sense of urgency to get things done. Expert-level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability and attention to detail are equally important.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Coordinating HR activities such as employee recruitment, performance management, and benefits administration.
- Facilitating the recruitment process by working with business unit managers to identify needs and then leading the processes of posting, screening, interviewing, offer documentation, and onboarding.
- Assisting in the training of staff and contractors on administrative items (e.g. expense reimbursements, technology systems, etc.).
- Performing tasks related to benefits administration, time tracking, IT equipment coordination, etc.
- Providing support to the finance and accounting staff on matters related to time tracking and payroll processing.
- Resolving administrative and HR issues as needed.
- Assisting on other tasks as needed.
Because of the nature of this role and the fast-paced culture that we thrive in at PSMJ, we need someone who is a self-starter, who isn’t afraid of questioning the status quo, and who is very goal-oriented. The ideal candidate also brings:
- At least 10+ years of office administration experience
- Experience with CRM systems including Salesforce is a plus
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational and time management skills required
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills required; particularly Outlook, Excel
- The ability to thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, team-oriented environment with colleagues from diverse disciplines
- Consistent attention to detail
- Advanced comfort with technology; familiar with IT troubleshooting and navigation
If you are just looking for a job, keep on looking. But, if you are looking for a place where you can really make a difference, PSMJ offers an entrepreneurial and high-energy culture with great pay, benefits, and growth potential. We’re dedicated to having a significant positive impact for our clients and customers and we know that starts with having a significant positive impact on the lives of our employees.
If you are the perfect fit for this position, don’t just send us a resume! Tell us your story, what really drives you to excel, and why you should be a part of our future. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PSMJ Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.