Capitalize on your strengths. Develop new ones.
What’s your plan?
Over the past 40+ years, PSMJ has assisted hundreds of architecture, engineering, and construction firms worldwide with their strategic planning process. Our unrivaled expertise and a smart objective point-of-view makes PSMJ an ideal partner for strategic planning. Our goal in guiding you through a strategic planning process will be to help your firm grow strategically in ways that will make your firm stronger and better. Toward that end, we seek to help you:
- Align the future vision of your business with your mission, values, and goals
- Define specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and time-based objectives
- Clearly define your firm’s service lines, business units, and market sectors
- Define key, differentiable strengths relative to your markets and your competition
- Recognize your firm’s weaknesses, and what’s not working, and set specific goals and objectives to resolve them
- Build a team-based approach through an open, participative planning process
- Define useful metrics for gauging progress, in line with a clear definition of what success looks like
- Instill behavior that incorporates follow up, accountability and review of progress toward agreed upon goals and objectives
- Prevent failure by not taking on too much at once
Our engagements start with a battery of financial benchmarks to isolate strengths and weaknesses, which allows us to effectively help you create a plan that capitalizes on your strong points, works to improve shortcomings, and assigns responsibilities for carrying out the plan. Over the course of 2-3 days, we work with your firm to create an easy-to-follow and manage written plan to help you make the best strategic moves for your successful future.
About Our Experts
Don’t hire a consultant who will learn the A/E/C business at your expense. Ask the hard questions to find someone you can trust to get it right. You can get to know some of our strategic planning experts here:
- Frank Stasiowski, FAIA
- David Burstein, P.E.
- William Hinsley
- Charles Nelson, LFRAIA, AIA
- Arnon Garonzik
- Ken Tichacek
Whether your needs call for a new fully executable strategic plan or a refresher for your current plan, we are here to help.
If you are looking for a more intentional and sustainable pathway to growth, check out these additional resources on strategic planning for architecture, engineering, and construction firms:
- Successful Strategic Planning for A/E Firm Leaders DOWNLOAD THIS FREE E-BOOK AND GET: A clear and concise overview of strategic planning, direct from PSMJ’s architecture and engineering industry experts, … an important determinant of your firm’s success or failure.
- PSMJ’s free INSIGHT e-newsletter. Sign up for this free e-newsletter to get our latest war stories, tips, and advice for strategic, growth, and transition planning.